8.24.2008

continue with water and goddess

It was a gorgeous day, I have planned a week ago to have this relaxing day.  I prepared my lunch box, snacks and book, and headed to the Governor Island.  Whenever I go for a long journey alone, I would bring Paulo Coelho's book with me, it's all about life-enhancing and spiritual journey.  This time, I have brought "By the River Piedra I sat down and wept" with me.

Between the lines, it says, "The Goddess uses water as the means to manifest Herself..........Her symbol is water ---  like the fog all around us.............the mist suddenly seemed to take on a life of its own, becoming sacred.............Why is water the symbol of the feminine face of God?............ I don't know.  But She normally chooses that medium to manifest Herself.  Maybe because She is the source of life; we are generated in water, and for nine months we live in it......."

Does it sound beautiful and immediately it reminds me about our discussion earlier. 

-- Candy@NYC

No comments: