6.07.2008

childhood story - bicycle

My sister used to go to school by cycling. It was something to me "super" and she became my idol at that time. But she never let me rode her bicycle nor bringing me for a ride. When I went to secondary school, I also wanted to have a bicycle of my own, but don't know why I never said it out and requested for one. Even for now, when I see people cycling on the street, I would admire the person or paying a certain kind of respect to the driver. It sounds strange, right ? But it's my feeling.

Don't know if Stella has even met an old man riding a very "stylist" bicycle in Red Market and 提督馬路 area. I called it "stylist" cos the bicycle would have different look and practical usage in different weather or season. During winter, the old man would fix cardboard all around the bicycle, with shelter on top and a transparent plastic in front as wind-screen, just to make it like a car. During rainy days, instead of cardboard, he changed using plastic sheet. Then in sunny days, he uses silvery anti-UV to build up his "car" to protect himself from sunburn. Is that cute ? I never got the chance to take his photo cos whenever I meet him, I am riding my bike and he's riding his "car".

On the busy road, so many cars and motor bike driving so fast, and there appear such a "stylist car" passing by slowly, I do really enjoy the scene.
The day before yesterday, when I was riding my bike after work, the traffic was busy, in the middle of the road, a woman was pulling her trolley with a big big load of cardboad paper on it. The load was big and it was moving slowly in between the cars, the cars just kept horning but this didn't help. The women kept pulling her trolley slowly.
Very often, it's these tiny things that make life interesting.
- candy

No comments: