6.07.2008

childhood story - rainy days

hei..hei, keep throwing out different ideas will definitley drive us to think more and more and in deeper layer. That's also my intention in my previous writing about structure -- it's a bait !

Regarding memorable childhood stories. That's too much to talk about. In this whole month, even today, it keeps raining so heavy here in Macau, this reminds me about my rainy games during childhood life. When I was small, my house was located on a steepy street. So whenever there's a heavy rain, I would fold a lot of paper boats, sometimes with short messages written on the paper as well. Then, I would run downstair and stayed by the main gate with my umbrella, watching the water rushing down like river. Then i would let go my paper boat, watching them flowing downstream, i felt happy . Sometimes by chance, other children who lived next door down the street would catch my boats and read the message. It's fun. When all paper boats gone, I would let go my slipeers. running after it and trying to catch it back.

Back to 15 or 20 years ago, the sewage system in Macau was not good. Whenever there's heavy rain, there would be flooded in many areas. My secondary school was located in the low-land district, so flood always happened in those days, the water would come up to above the knee level. What my school did was to build up a long bridge with benches, starting from the front playground to the main gate and to the road. It's so exciting and I love that. When there were cars in the opposite site of the road passed by, water current came, sometimes pushing the benches and make it shakes. we felt like walking on the water in the sea. I saw one time my classmate dropped off from the benches and got all wet, poor girl. Another time, we stayed after school for doing group work, it rained as well. When we finished our work and ready to leave the school, the flood water became so high and there were no benches. We were all afraid to walk in the water cos we couldn't see the road at all. So what we did was to grab hold of the iron fences of the houses along the road, tip toes walking along the edges. Finally, we got wet in and out, our books as well, and our white uniforms all cover with uncleanable rusty stain.

They are classical in my life.

-- candy

No comments: